In Case You Missed it, here’s the round-up of all of my latest content, plus updates from old guests! It’s been a busy week, with heads down on NaNoWriMo, but that’s not all I’ve been up to!
Read on if you want to know more. If not? See you next week with more writing tips and writerly musings.
Coming up this week:
- Morgan’s Sunday Afternoon Productivity Stream: #NaNoWriMo – 4:30pm EST. Come, hang out, eat snacks, and maybe even get some productivity done yourself.
- The Queery Helpline w/Patrick Hopkins, Hosted by Morgan Hazelwood – Every other Monday at 9:30pm EST. Where we take queries (or synopsis or first pages) and rework them live. Currently doing these alternating Mondays as a fundraiser for Reproductive Rights. DM/email one of us a receipt of a donation to a qualifying non-profit and get on our waitlist today.
- Or join the livestreams here on twitch!
Content Around The Web:
- Science Fiction & Reproductive Rights – I believe strongly in reproductive rights and bodily autonomy. Many of these beliefs were encouraged through the science fiction & fantasy I read and watched growing up. Some of these stories imagine utopian equality, others, horrific dystopian warnings. Both takes had their impact.
On the Podcast “Writing Tips and Writerly Musings”:
- They Want What? The Differences Between Blurbs, Queries, & Synopses – All industries have their own specialized terms, and even inside an industry, different people can want things done in different ways. In the publishing world, you hear a lot about blurbs, queries, synopses, and more. Now, I can’t tell you what ALL agents, publishers, and readers are looking for, but I can point you in the right direction.
On The Blog (In Case You Missed It):
- Science Fiction & Reproductive Rights – I believe strongly in reproductive rights and bodily autonomy. Many of these beliefs were encouraged through the science fiction & fantasy I read and watched growing up. Some of these stories imagine utopian equality, and others, horrific dystopian warnings. Both takes had their impact.
April 21-23rd, 2023, you can find me returning to RavenCon 16!
What I’ve Been Reading:
Everything on Kindle by N.E. Henderson. I don’t think I’m actually kidding. Contemporary romance and a hint of violence.
More Than Lies & More Than Memories
They’re locked between love and hate . . .
I’ve spent years pushing her away. She thinks I hate her, but really, I know she deserves better than a college dropout turned tattoo artist. She’s the good girl, the complete opposite of my bad boy nature. But something about her kind eyes and heart-shaped face has always caught my attention, not that she has ever realized that with how I treat her.
Silent No More & Silent Guilt
I caught my fiancé cheating on me with my best friend in our apartment. I was done. There wasn’t a point in sticking around to hear their excuses.
I ended up alone in a hotel bar, drinking the last five years of a relationship away, not to mention a lifelong friendship. I was well on my journey to forgetting until the hot guy in a suit thought he’d interject, telling me to slow down.
Who did he think he was? If I want to drown in my sorrows I will. That’s the last thing I remember.
I woke up in his bed the next morning, wearing his clothes. And now I have to deal with that, but there’s more to the hot, blue-eyed businessman than meets the eye. I never expected him to be connected to a past I’d rather forget.
Bad Princess, Dirty Prince, & Deviant Knight
Do you ever really get over your school crush when he never once glanced your way?
I was the only daughter of the Italian American Mafia Boss on the east coast. After my mother was murdered, he made sure the world forgot he had a daughter. I had to pretend to be the girl I’ve never been: meek. There is not one submissive bone in my body, but I had to look and act the part.
Matteo De Salvo is the only person that has ever made me nervous. My skin itched around him and my throat closed up. I watched him from a distance, the defiant part of me hoping he’d catch me.
But to him, I was a creepy stalker.
New Works By Previous Guests:
From Abigail Manning, a holiday collection. (affiliate links)
The Crystal Realm: A Collection of Retold Christmas Tales
A Festive Retelling of A Christmas Carol, The Gingerbread Man, and The Nutcracker…
In the kingdom of Wiessel, the Festival of the Crystal Star is a greatly beloved celebration that has always been welcomed with mounds of holiday cheer. But this year, some citizens are finding it difficult to indulge in the celebrations… On the eve of the celebration, three women are met with a twist of fate that may put a damper on the festivities.
A young queen struggles with finding joy in her future while dealing with the trauma of her past, an orphaned sixteen-year-old gains a home, only to run from it, and even a starry-eyed dancer finds herself chasing a thief into the night. While the realm celebrates around them, these three must conquer their new enemies while relying on each other in unforeseen manners.
Will the secrets of the Crystal Realm be unraveled? Or will their hearts be left frozen and shattered? Between orphaned royalty, shadowy strangers, and frigid nights in the snow, it seems hard to believe that this festival could have ever been so jolly…
Picture(s) of the Week:
A November sky — visiting friends despite a canceled D&D game.