In Case You Missed it, here’s the round-up of all of my latest content, plus updates from old guests!
Read on if you want to know more. If not? See you next week with more: Writing Tips & Writerly Musings.
Coming up this week:
- Morgan’s Lazy Sunday Afternoon “Productivity” Stream: – 4:30pm EST. Come, hang out, eat snacks, and maybe even get some productivity done yourself.
- The Queery Helpline w/Patrick Hopkins, Hosted by Morgan Hazelwood – Coming up Monday, March 6th – Every other Monday at 9:30pm EST. Where we take queries (or synopsis or first pages) and rework them live. Currently doing these alternating Mondays as a fundraiser for Reproductive Rights. DM/email one of us a receipt of a donation to a qualifying non-profit and get on our waitlist today.
- Or join the livestreams here on twitch!
Content Around The Web:
- 3 Tips For Writing Character Dynamics – A couple of series I’ve been reading for years are coming out with sequels this month! I’m especially looking forward to watching them re-grow family dynamics — on page. I trust these authors to do their characters justice, but: Here are my own 3 tips for writing character dynamics.
On Season 6 of the Podcast “Writing Tips and Writerly Musings”:
- Top 11 Ways NOT To Respond To Feedback – There are writers who take feedback well, but there are plenty who don’t. Try not to make these mistakes. Feel your feels, but control your behavior.
On The Blog (In Case You Missed It):
- 3 Tips For Writing Character Dynamics – A couple of series I’ve been reading for years are coming out with sequels this month! I’m especially looking forward to watching them re-grow family dynamics — on page. I trust these authors to do their characters justice, but: Here are my own 3 tips for writing character dynamics:
- Author Spotlight Guest: N.M. Rudolph – He’s an unfortunate hybrid with too many dreams/goals/projects to stay sane! He’s sharing writing tips and writerly musings with us.
RavenCon 2023 – April 21-23rd, 2023 – Richmond, VA
Balticon 2023 – May 26-29th, 2023 – Baltimore, MD
Imaginarium Convention 2023 – July 14-16th, 2023 – Louisville, KY
What I’ve Been Reading:
A contemporary romance series by Lili Valente:
The Virgin Playbook
(from book 2)
My best friend’s older brother excels at many things—being a bossy grump, a jerk, and…this hopeless virgin’s fake fiancé?
I need a guy who understands that this is all pretend, and who better than a man who can’t stand me—and vice versa? Besides, Derrick is the kind of cocky, confident, successful dude bro my gram will adore.
We’ll convince my ailing grandmother I’m not going to die alone, Derrick will honor that favor he owes me, and we’ll part ways as enemies with NO benefits.
It’s a rock-solid plan…until it isn’t.
Turns out I may have made a slight miscalculation.
Now Derrick is charming my family, sweeping me off my feet, and making me want crazy things.
Suddenly, I think I might actually want him to be my first and maybe…my only?
New Works By Previous Guests:
New from Abigail Manning, the first of her Once Upon A Rhyme series:
The Itsy Bitsy Liar (#1)
What if the itsy bitsy spider could only weave a web of lies?
Lacey Arachne has been cursed since she was a child to only speak lies and wants nothing more than to keep it unknown. As a common handmaiden, she’s learned how to navigate her twisted words fairly well. But that all changes when her mistress makes her switch places with her in the prince’s bride competition.
Unable to refuse her mistress’s plans, Lacey is forced to play the role of a noble and compete in a competition she has no interest in winning. Well, at least that’s the lie she tells herself after she meets the charming Prince Carlex…
With the punishment for impersonating a noble being death, Lacey must blend in with the other competitors at all costs. But how does a bold-faced liar avoid standing out amongst scrutinizing eyes? Especially when her childhood enemy certainly doesn’t seem keen on letting her go unnoticed…
Can Lacey untangle herself from the webs she’s crafted? Or will she be doomed to fall with the coming storm?
Picture(s) of the Week:
Catticus isn’t sure if he’s right pawed or left pawed, but he’s still very interested in these scissors.
Don’t worry, he can’t play with them unsupervised and I took them away.