I am feeling touched and excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award
What is the Liebser Award?
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
As a nominee, the first thing I’m “required” to do, assuming I feel like playing along/accepting the nomination is to thank the AMAZING A.Y. Chao for the nomination. I’ve been working with her on helping run the #PitchWars FB support groups and she’s been amazing. And to have such recognition from someone who already does so much for the community really is an honor. Here’s HER blog.
Edited to Add: Maria Hossain ALSO nominated me! She’s been a solid cheerleader and positive energy in the #PitchWarriors community. Here’s HER blog. (Plus, she ships Rhaegar and Lyanna, so she’s got that going for her.)
The next thing I’m “required” to do is to share the award image. The award is a way for bloggers to connect and to find new and exciting bloggers.
Next is a blogger I always look forward to reading. (It didn’t specify if they should be able to get a Liebster Award or not… (under 200 followers) so I went with yes.)
The short stories of A.M. Guyes always draw me in and intrigue me. She writes over on Writing In The Woods and her last post, about a teddy bear defender really pulled at my heart strings and stuck with me. What else do you do when the monster in the closet draws near, but ask for help and accept it when it’s granted.
Finally are 11 facts about me, 11 questions to answer, and 11 questions to ask. So here goes:
11 random facts about me:
- I have a twin sister
- I don’t drink coffee
- I like to cosplay
- I started longsword classes this year
- I play D&D
- I live in the DC metro area
- I don’t really cook
- I do make amazing deviled eggs
- I’m a chronic organizer
- I have too many friends that I love dearly
- My alter-ego is a red dragon
11 questions from A.Y. Chao
1. What prompted you to begin writing seriously?
NaNoWriMo? Really wanting to find out what happened to my main character and how. Distraction as my long term relationship was falling apart. My love for stats and seeing me make that daily word count, in which success built upon success.
2. Who, what, and/or where does your writing inspiration come from?
My current WIP came from 3 scenes in a dream and I had to write it to find out how they connected.
3. What do you write?
YA fantasy. But we’ll see, I’m playing with a more adult novel that’s still in the word-barf-on-page stage.
4. How does the time of day affect your writing?
I usually find time to write at night, just before bed, because bedtime is more mutable than other things in my life. But, no matter how long I have to write, my word count goal stretches to fill the whole time.
5. What is your favourite writing quote?
Mark Twain’s: “Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t.”
6. What are your strengths as a writer?
Making sure that everything happens for a reason. (Exactly why fiction is better than reality.)
7. What makes you laugh out loud?
Bad puns. And good ones.
8. Dream cast (include title and logline for your novel)?
Flesh and Ink : In a matriarchal mash-up between The Golden Compass and Frozen, Lilyen’s a demon-stained girl on the run from the church until she learns they have her sister.
Physically I have a Pinterest board, actual actress/actor-wise. Hmmm, some of them work, but some of them aren’t really actors.
9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a writer. In HS, I picked my day job and I’m now exactly that: coder by day, writer by night, always in front of a computer.
10. Favourite book of all time–one that resonated long after you put it down? Not necessarily one you can read over and over again, but even better if both.
Memory by Lois Bujold.
11. Who is your favourite writer and why?
Lois Bujold. Mostly because I adore Miles and Cordelia. She has amazingly flawed characters who rise above because of force of will.
11 Questions for My Nominees
- What is your favorite beverage?
- How much sleep do you get a night?
- Tell me about your favorite animal.
- What are your strengths as a writer?
- Tell me your favorite bad joke.
- When did you start blogging and what do you want to do more of on your blog?
- How many cities/towns/countries have you lived in?
- What’s your favorite thing about your WIP?
- What’s your favorite thing about fall?
- Do you think your birth order affected your personality? (Eldest, only, baby, etc)
- Introvert/Extrovert/Omnivert: which best describes you?